Divided Kingdoms
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Fighting Stlyes for Roleplay

Go down

Fighting Stlyes for Roleplay Empty Fighting Stlyes for Roleplay

Post by Yethorian Dravinas Wed Jul 26, 2017 11:11 pm

These are a few of the fighting styles used in roleplay. The one mainly used in this forum will be T1, due to the fact it is a paragraph based fighting style and also turn based. Which also means you need to be detailed in describing the attack.

T1 or Tier 1

Paragraph, turn-based fighting.

T1 is a type of fighting style generally used by people in chats or forums. These people are generally the more advanced RPers. Average time to learn T1 can take anywhere from two weeks to two months, depending on the time spent learning and perfecting the form. It is based off the idea that the paragraphs you use should appear to come out of a book using detailed descriptions so that the people watching can ‘see’ what is happening in chat to make Role Playing a more enjoyable experience.

T1 is probably the hardest way to role-play if you are not good at being descriptive. T1 is turn-based, so you have to wait for your opponent to finish typing his/her attack. It is also paragraph fighting. In a T1 match, your opponent can strike you. You have the ability to reverse the attack or take the hit and come back with one of your own. In T1, you can only type one attack each paragraph. If you type more than one attack in a paragraph, you will be disqualified. You may need to type more than one paragraph, so when this is needed, use <C> at the end and beginning of your paragraph. Once you complete your attack/entrance, put an <E> at the end to symbolize the finalization of your paragraph.

Example:

John: (paragraph) Attacks!
Tim: (paragraph) Defends/avoids/takes-the-hit, counter attacks.
John: (paragraph) Defends/avoids/takes-the-hit, counter attacks

T2 or Tier 2

High-paced fighting style. 7 words to attack. 10 connect. 7 dodge. 12 counter-attack.

T2 was created by people who felt T1 was too long and took too much time to use. You have to have a minimum of 7 words for your attack. And the same for the outcome. To reverse you need the minimum of 10 words. And the same for the reverse outcome. It takes a minimum of 12 words to post a counter-attack.

Example:

As John jumps up, he ducks the attack and picks Tim up on his shoulders. (counter-attack)
John would attempt to toss him over. (attack)
John then slammed Tim's back very roughly onto the ground. (connect)

The other Tiers of Fighting styles are simple and not really meant for Forums as well as T2 but you may use T2 if you'd like.

T3 is a one or more word fighting style that is meant for chatrooms. It is simple and to the point, you attack your opponent, connect the attack, and seal it before they can type "dodge".

T4 is a new fighting style which is a mixture of T2 and T3. It is an S15 fighting style meaning that all posts must have at least 15 words to be valid. The only exception to this is range posts, which merely require 7 words. Also, T4 is based on a point system. You must have at least 5 points to win a match.

T5 is often used in Gore-related RP's in reference to legit kills, and has to do with the number of lines, plus the number of words per line. T5 states that a legit kill is if you post 5 separate lines of 5 words each without being interrupted by a dodge or a counterstrike, ergo making it a legit kill. At any point in turn, the one being T5'ed must post a 5-word dodge before the 5th post drops. The 5 lines of post do not have to be consecutive, though, and sneaking around the posts of others is allowed. Still, a specific set of actions must be done prior to the kill. There must be statement of intent, withdrawing of weapon, approach to intended victim, action of intended attack, and statement of death.

Example:

*I look at Tim with intent to kill*
*I quickly palm my knife*
*Quietly, I walk up behind Tim*
*I aim the blade across his throat*
*As he dies, I drop him to the ground*

At any point in time prior to the last line, Tim could post a five-word dodge and avoid death.

T6 is also referred to as "Freestyle". It is an "anything goes" fight style in which players use whatever is in their power to win. Autos, what ifs, and other forms of attacks generally dismissed as god-modding are considered perfectly okay.

T6 is not really to be used since there is a no god-modding rule. T6 is basically the easiest form of fighting because you can make a character auto hit or even auto kill which is why it shouldn't be used.

Also one thing I will add to the T1 fighting style is a twist of my own. T1 will also take into account the skill of your character, age, and how long you have used them as well. So in your profile or on your character allow us to know or even pm a Admin or mod how long you have been using your character.
Yethorian Dravinas
Yethorian Dravinas
Lord
Lord

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum